Thread: New Shield 45
View Single Post

Old 06-22-2017, 11:36 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

daka,

Don't let the stories of all those cheap prices put you off. You just bought a fine piece of handgun, and if it's anything like mine, it will be well worth every cent you paid for it. I bought mine shortly after they became available, as did many other folks. After I told a friend in another city about it, he asked me to buy one for him if I could find one for sale. A new Academy Store opened up here and guess what? I spent 425 of his dollars. We both knew at some point they would be cheaper. Neither one of us is sorry we bought one early. Both of them are keepers, and I fully intend to amortize the cost of mine over as many years as I have left to shoot and carry it.

I like a good deal on a good gun as much as anyone else, but I have yet to buy one that sooner or later I don't find one or hear about one being bought for less money. If I hadn't liked mine at the time I bought it, I wouldn't have paid what I paid, nor would I have paid $250.00 for it. You got yours cheaper than I got mine, and I'm tickled spitless for both of us!! Lord willing, by the time anyone else gets their hands on mine, it will be very well used and very well carried and I will have gotten my money's worth from it multiple times!! And if it saves my life or my loved one's life, it will be a priceless possession!

And BTW, I'm in full agreement with your sentiments about shopping local. That doesn't mean I won't make sure I buy from them for the lowest dollar they'll accept, but I sure would hate to be without the small and family owned LGS's around for me to stop and look and see and buy from. I like to hold things in my hand before I lay my money down. I don't always do that, but that's what I like. I think you did good!

PS: One thing I will buy online is ammo (from a few trusted sources!) FYI, I have had really good experiences buying ammo from SG Ammo dot com. If you are willing to sign up with them, they'll send you one or two notices via email every week with their listing of what they have for sale in bulk lots. If you are patient, you can get some good stuff in both 9MM and .45ACP at prices (including their shipping costs which are reasonable, I think) at good prices. They've always gotten my orders to me in 3 or 4 business days. They are, in my experience, a great vendor to do business with! Good luck with your new shooter!!

Last edited by kthom; 06-22-2017 at 11:41 PM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: