View Single Post

Old 06-23-2017, 10:59 AM

Liked 3,385 Times in 1,107 Posts
Default Gun in checked bag...interesting(?) new info.

As some of you know, I travel frequently on commercial aircraft with a gun in my checked bag.

Learned something new halfway through this trip. Checked bag at BWI (Baltimore) and flew via United to Las Vegas with plane change in Chicago. No issues; bag made the quick connection at O'Hare and arrived safe and secure.

Four (4) nights in HOT Las Vegas and attempted, as usual, online check in as I had done BEFORE first leg of trip. Despite repeated reminders to check in from UA, my attempts over two (2) days were unsuccessful. Phone and iPad screens said 'unable to complete...proceed to airport.' Tried from a friend's phone...ditto. Figured there was a computer glitch.

Went to LV airport yesterday a.m. and tried kiosk for boarding pass. Same issue. Hmmmmmm... went to counter and told agent I was unable to get boarding passes but needed to check bag with gun, regardless. He explained my reservation was flagged as involving a checked gun from time of BWI check in. After check in completed agent asked me to stand by in that area for fourteen (14) minutes and if I was not paged I was good to go. That time was to allow TSA review he said.

That has never happened to me before. BUT ZERO PROBLEMS. Flew to Chicago, bag/gun all okay.

Time for some fun in Chicagoland.

Be safe.
The Following User Likes This Post: