View Single Post

Old 06-23-2017, 02:22 PM

Liked 725 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBio View Post
Capstick related how he killed an African lion with a low-base load of #8 at close range.
Capstick is notorious for being a hero of his own stories. Remember the time he went to followup on a leopard and had an unloaded shotgun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisco View Post
Has anyone tried Aguila Minishells 1 3/4". You can get Slugs, Buckshot( 7 #4 buck 4#1buck 5/8oz @1200fps), 7.5 birdshot. You can get 8 rounds in the Shockwave. About 50% less recoil, pure fun! The problem is finding them and the high price. With s/h i paid over a $1. a round. Neat idea for close in work. You need a Mini-clip to made them work in a Shockwave. The rubber clip is made in Texas (www.OPSolmini-clip.co
Yes I tried some of the buckshot yesterday with the clip, see my post above. It is the first pattern. I'm not certain if they are really worth the extra effort to procure. You can get the reduced recoil buckshot loads and be money ahead I think. If and when they become readily available I may look at getting some more of the buckshot. The 7½'s are a waste as you can buy Winchester Low Recoil Low Noise and even at $10 a box you get more shells, more shot and less recoil. I found this to be oddly true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Where did you get it?

Anyone here do business with these people? $78/100 delivered. Find it cheaper?

Federal 12 Gauge Tactical LE1321B 2-3/4" Reduced Recoil 1 Buckshot 15 Pellets 50 rounds
SGA Ammo is where I got mine. They are all sold out. Shocking as they had a bunch in stock when I bought it. To the tune of 8 cases of 250 and a couple of 50's and some loose boxes. Somebody somewhere equipped for #1 Buck is all I can think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachogrande View Post
R-U shooting blanks? I've seen wads make holes in plywood numerous times from 10 yards/360". Stuff happens so I don't doubt you have experienced that.
I was referring to penetration on deer. Most of the times I had was penetration it was on finishing shots on deer with a shotgun. One season I failed to ensure my gun had a full choke installed for deer season and instead hunted all season with improved cylinder. I learned a lot about moving and shooting and also about reloading in a hurry. Wads were bouncing off at five yards and often times as you got closer you would have hang up on the front side, but you needed to be very close. The only time it fully penetrated was when the gun was nearly muzzle contact distance for a finishing shot and the wad was protruding out the far side of the head slightly. Some of the high velocity Flitecontrol offerings may have the speed to achieve penetration, but I don't believe a conventional petal shot cup does.