View Single Post

Old 06-23-2017, 08:02 PM

Liked 1,182 Times in 374 Posts
Default Sig MCX w/ co-witness Romeo 4M ...

That's a LaserMax flat pistol mount laser just ahead of the front sight, so I have three aiming systems for redundancy and quick target acquisition. Under the hand guard is a Streamlite pulsing (or steady) light. Sliding switch on light allows instant on/off for a quick peak and target recognition.

Not a very good phone photo, but it does illustrate how well the Sig MCX / Sig Romeo 4 optic co-witnesses with the flip up iron sights. Slight miss-alignment is my holding my iPhone wrong (Apple insider Joke). You can see if I put the center dot on top of the iron sight post the circle fills the shroud.

Due to the phone's lens geometry (wide angle) the large aperture on the rear sight seems enlarged but with the naked eye the large aperture matches the front shroud exactly.

For the photo I had both front and rear sights flipped up. In actual practice I leave the rear down and the front up.

The 65mm LED target aligns perfectly with the iron sights which gives the same cheek weld and hold for either sight.

Even if the battery dies the optic tube acts like a big ghost ring for adequate combat accuracy.

digiroc

Last edited by digiroc; 06-23-2017 at 08:27 PM.