View Single Post

Old 06-25-2017, 11:52 AM

Liked 84 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbolt View Post
Interesting. Knew about the drawbar. Didn't know about the revision to the decocker body (slide plunger & ambi lever). Not surprising, as sometimes a large order would get something not necessarily included in the standard production runs.

For example, the 4006TSW's received by my agency, of the same vintage as the CHP TSW's, used regular ambi levers and lacked the plunger under the sight. Just off the top of my head, I'd wonder if the new plunger was a revision to better help prevent lateral decocking body shift (when the decock-only option was ordered as a production item).

Always something new and interesting. That feature revision wasn't in the 2010 3rd gen armorer recert. Might've just been something developed for the big CHP order.

One of the things I heard as a brand new S&W armorer, when it came to new or unexpected differences and revisions ... was, "never say never".

Thanks guys.
CHP academy gunsmith told me that feature was added at the request of the CHP to ensure that if the spring on the decocker broke, it could be manually swept up to fire.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: