View Single Post

Old 06-25-2017, 12:28 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedrarc View Post
CHP academy gunsmith told me that feature was added at the request of the CHP to ensure that if the spring on the decocker broke, it could be manually swept up to fire.
Sounds like a special order revision. In the last parts list I received before the factory discontinued making them available (due to changing over to a new computer system, supposedly), their were only a few special order 3rd gen pistols models listed. They were the original 4006CHP, the 3914DAO, 5956RCMP and the SM9VEAFGHTN. I suspect that if the parts list had continued to be available outside the in-house computer system, the new 4006TSW CHP model would've probably had some differences listed.

A longtime friend of mine was a weapons officer (and trained armorer) for the CHP until his retirement (9000 series badge number), but he said that over time that position had changed to him mostly organizing and conducting firearms training, and only being able to do inspections of weapons, with guns determined to require repair then being sent to the academy gunsmiths. He retired before they decided to replace their original 4006's, and I never met anyone assigned as a weapons officer at one of the "local" field offices.

Thanks.