View Single Post

Old 06-25-2017, 01:00 PM

Liked 84 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbolt View Post
Sounds like a special order revision. In the last parts list I received before the factory discontinued making them available (due to changing over to a new computer system, supposedly), their were only a few special order 3rd gen pistols models listed. They were the original 4006CHP, the 3914DAO, 5956RCMP and the SM9VEAFGHTN. I suspect that if the parts list had continued to be available outside the in-house computer system, the new 4006TSW CHP model would've probably had some differences listed.

A longtime friend of mine was a weapons officer (and trained armorer) for the CHP until his retirement (9000 series badge number), but he said that over time that position had changed to him mostly organizing and conducting firearms training, and only being able to do inspections of weapons, with guns determined to require repair then being sent to the academy gunsmiths. He retired before they decided to replace their original 4006's, and I never met anyone assigned as a weapons officer at one of the "local" field offices.

Thanks.
I've held the same positions. Weapons officer and Range Master, I often attend any and all training available from outside agencies along with other reputable training companies (on and off duty). You're absolutely correct, the parts such as the decocker body (left side and body), extractor were to be fit to the gun if they were to be replaced, which required the gunsmith at the academy to fit the part only. So I'm assuming the parts were oversized, but I've never really looked into that. I came on and was issued the standard 4006 and then we transitioned to the 4006TSW several years later. I'm part of the state transition team for the M&P. I'm sad to see the DA/SA gun go away. I really like shooting DA/SA guns especially in local competitions. Here's a list of videos if you get bored of the different types of handguns I enjoy shooting.

crossrifles
- YouTube

I have a friend/ co-worker that retired years ago (9000) ID which also held the same positions. Wouldn't that be cool if we were talking about the same guy.

Anyway, appreciate your insight and I generally don't get on here much. Thanks.

Last edited by piedrarc; 06-25-2017 at 02:16 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: