View Single Post

Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,548 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanewpadle View Post
Watch this. It happens faster than you think.

Stabbing Leads to Officer Involved Shooting Caught From Multiple Angles | Active Self Protection - YouTube

Knife Attack on Officer Caught on Camera - YouTube

If you don't think creating distance (buying time) is important, think again. Know your surroundings. Know where you can move if you need to. Part of your situational plan isn't only knowing where potential trouble will come from, but a very important part of it is knowing where you can escape to or create distance. Cover and concealment should also be part of the plan.

I've been cut twice. I didn't even have a chance to defend myself because I let them get to close. Won't happen again.
Great video that makes a point. However consider that as the LEO backed up the attacker did not charge the LEO until the LEO had achieved enough separation to draw and shoot. The LEO had a duty to stand and fight. I do not. I would turn and run in such a situation. If my attacker gives me the opportunity to evade, I am taking it. Unlike a LEO I have no duty to subdue or neutralize the threat. My duty is to save my life.

Th LEO was lucky because the attacker made an uncharacteristic attack. Seems to me he might have been trying for suicide by cop, and he succeeded.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: