View Single Post

Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 PM

Liked 3,200 Times in 1,081 Posts

Okay, so I just got my two today. Both seem to be in really great condition all things considered. The grip on one side of one of the guns has seen some wear, but other than that the guns are in pretty good shape. I mean, there isn't even a lot of wear on the black parts of the gun.

Here's where I'm not really connecting what is being posted with what I received. These guns show very little use. I'm not talking about shooting use. I'm talking about use in general. Even the bottoms of the magazines show little to no wear.

Now when I gloriously turned in my M&P 45 last week (thank you Jesus) it was beat all to h***. And I mean literally....this was my (I think) third M&P (maybe second) in almost 9 years. The bottoms of the magazines looked like one of my Chihuahuas had used them as chew toys. The top of the front sight had a skid mark on it. The finish was well worn on multiple places on the slide. The slide lock levers were worn silver, the edges of the rear sight were gashed and worn down. The edge of the ejection port was worn silver. There were nicks and scratches (more like gouges) all over that thing.

For guns that supposedly had such a "high" round count, these things look like not only were they unholstered infrequently, they don't even look carried. There doesn't even appear to be normal wear and tear on the guns.

I would love to hear thoughts on these points. Given that the vast majority of these appear to be in great shape, it seems unlikely everyone got "off the shelf" guns.

Thoughts?

Last edited by 4506517; 06-26-2017 at 11:44 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: