View Single Post

Old 06-27-2017, 09:54 AM

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw187 View Post

So all in all it was a range day that made me smile. If I can keep getting these results, I am considering having Dave Lauck work on this gun for me (i.e. his sights fitted and tuned to my carry ammo, an action tune and perhaps a hard chrome refinish).

Once I break down the cylinder assembly, I will report back to the thread if there is anything note worthy; especially if there is fouling on the yoke.

Thanks gents,

Southpaw
Glad to hear you had a great trip to the range and everything is working as it should!

Headed back to the range over the weekend. I posted earlier about accuracy issues I was having with this particular gun. Well the rear sight blade was loose, moving left right up down. I adjusted it 2 clicks to the right, where it needed to be, and the blade seated tight. Not sure why it was loose when in the other position but I will keep an eye on it. With the sight blade seated, I was hitting baseball to softball size groups at 10 yards, which is more a reflection of my ability with the gun than the actually accuracy of the gun when the sight blade isn't bouncing all over.

Southpaw- Keep us posted on any upgrades you make to the 66!