View Single Post

Old 06-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeglegJones View Post
Thanks for the criticism...it was a good buy ($499) and the only one available at LGS. From your reply I still don't see why a free-float is necessary.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Free floating is not necessary but it will be cost effective because once you chop down or replace that A2 sight block you are going to find more options in the free float category, which translates to lower cost, than a non-free float rail.

Most drop in rails are made to keep the A2 post. If you are removing the A2 post or chopping it down you will be limited in the rails you can get and why would you want to use a no-free float when you have done all the work to get there?

Sorry you took my comment as a criticism but I honestly have to ask why did you buy a rifle that did not meet your need when there are so many others out there that would have done so right out of the box for the same $$ or less than you will pay to modify your $500 Sport II?

Hang out here long enough and you will see a pattern. You are not the first and you will not be the last.