View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 05:54 AM

Liked 26,355 Times in 9,136 Posts

The current owners of Lyman, don't believe in customer service!

But the truth is, on a weekend is when the stem or primer pin bends or breaks. Your other die sets of the same brand are your spare parts. All brands use ASE threads, but there are many diameters, so getting parts from other brands is a little iffy!

I load 114 cartridges and won't pass up a inexpensive set of used dies, so I have every brand of dies and some shop made dies. For standard (including Carbide) the best dies are Redding, RCBS, & C-H tied for first place Hornady (Pacific) and Lyman are OK, and Lee's do work, but to keep the price down they do things differently and make the dies as short as possible (stems also are short) they work well with Lee presses but not with some others (especially very old presses from the 50's & 60's! Certain series of many brands have permanent decapping pins in the stem. I won't own one! The down time is too great waiting for the free replacement!

I try and keep a set of decapping pins for everything! But for some reason the companies change diameters or designs without my permission. That is why you cannibalize from other dies.

Ivan
The Following 4 Users Like Post: