Thread: Added a light
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 11:43 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Sure. Light bouncing off the floor, ceiling and walls will generally light up a room well enough to identify friend or foe no matter what direction the light is pointed. Outside is a different matter.
Yes it is but the even outside bouncing light off the ground or background can still have the same effect at close distance. Light discipline is paramount. IMHO You only want to use the light when necessary and when using it use it extremely sparingly.

You want to illuminate an area or target and then immediately shut the light off and continue to move as you do this. If someone is picking up your light source and targeting it they will be shooting at your past position not your current one. Doing this proficiently take a lot of practice. I certainly know I do not do it enough.

Personally I do not see a time where I am going to be engaging people outside my home in the dark. If I believed that was going to be a realistic situation I would invest in night vision equipment but that will put a hurting on a bank account.

Last edited by WVSig; 06-28-2017 at 11:45 AM.