View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 02:34 PM

Liked 2,259 Times in 694 Posts

I can add only a little to what has already been said. (But I will Blab away anyhow)

I have used most of the major brands. Had my Lyman 45acp sizer die fail. But it was nearly 50 years old. Replaced it with a Lee and then a RCBS, just because. I have no complaint about any Carbide sizing I have ever used. My problems usually involves one of the other dies, seater/crimp or in the expander stage. In order of preference:

1. RCBS
2 Redding (not because they aren't good but I'm not sure they are any better than Big Green but the cost is significantly more.
3. Lyman
4. Lee (my issues are with other than the sizer
5. Hornady (again my problems with this brand are several not the least of which is that I find the sizing die, with their "Magic metal" coating, Ain't magic! And has not performed well for me.

I must add that all of my reloading is done on one, or more, single stage type presses. (more than one brand) I don't have a progressive machine and that could well change the whole dynamic of my choices.

Disclaimer: This is my experience and you may well have had a different experience. That doesn't make either of us wrong, just different.