Thread: Woods gun
View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 PM

Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default Woods gun

I carry a 40 as a woods load gun. I like a pistol no heavier than 36 ounces loaded and stick to a 4 inch barrel. I am pushing 200 gr hard cast at 1140 fps out of my G23 that is sprung properly and uses a recoil reduction/frame protection system. I am however wanting to change over to a 3rd gen smith and I am in the r/d phase. I have a 4013 single stack and a 4013tsw but was hoping to find a 4003 to throw in the mix. I have found a couple of beat up 4013tsw pistols and a couple of super nice like new 411's. Now I have stumbled across a 4043 LNIB for a good price. I remove all the right side safety's off my 3rd gen guns so the 411 seems like a good option if I want to stay SA/DA.

Thinking about the 4043 I would have a thinner profile, no safety to worry about or snag and the same trigger for each shot. Does anyone have any pros or cons on the DA only for a woods gun. Not interested in revolvers, or more powerful rounds. My 200 grain hardcast works well and I can manage multiple hits on target. Just asking about the DA versus DaSA