View Single Post

Old 06-28-2017, 11:26 PM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Well, bamashooter, you sir, are the once, all time, and forever MAN. Thanks so very much for sticking with this (my) issue. When I bought the rifle, years ago, it had the occasional fte. It didn't bother me, hey it's a .22, and it way less than $400.oo bucks out the door, but it got progressively worse, no matter how well or how often I cleaned it, until one time, a little over a year ago, a spent case actually got stuck in the ejection port. No joke. As the bolt came forward it jammed the sharp edges of the fired round into the plastic. Disgusted, I put the rifle away. Earlier this year a bunch of buddies decided to meet @ the range and shoot just for "fun" (we are all 3gunners). One guy was bringing his son out and asked me to bring the rifle. We couldn't get five clean shots in a row to eject. I took it home, fed up, finally deciding to send SW back their piece of junk, gave it an extremely thorough cleaning, and low and behold guess what? Have you ever removed your extractor? How did you do it? By pushing rearward on it & tilting in out. Guess what happened the time the case got stuck? That's right, when I disassembled the rifle there was no extractor, spring, or rod. I called SW and they were no help. I bought a Volqsquartsen extractor but couldn't find a spring. In the mean time, I was internet surfing around looking for the spring when I came across a video buy a guy (who I owe as much as you) that explained how the ejector should sit just below the bolt, with out touching it, as the bolt actuated back and forth. I checked mine. It was at least 3/16 low. Eureka! Now I had the original problem solved but needed the spring. I got the rod from SW but they would not sell me the spring. That's where you came in. I ordered one off the ebay guy from the link you so very kindly posted. I didn't want to say anything until I reassembled everything and had an opportunity for a test firing @ the range. Well Sir, I'm happy to report the rifle fires faster than I can shoot it. It's amazing. 300 rounds and not a single fte or anything else. Thank you again so very much. If I get a chance I'll post a picture.
Very Sincerely and Gratefully,
Jeff
The Following 2 Users Like Post: