View Single Post

Old 06-29-2017, 11:40 AM

Liked 594 Times in 251 Posts
Default My M&P sport / Anderson AR15

I had been on the prowl for a decent priced AR15 for a while, and my buddy had 2 of them- he originally bought a Smith and wesson Sport 1 AR15, then shortly after purchased a newer upper with 1:7 twist, muzzle brake, and a few other goodies, so he had the Smith upper, and wanted a .22LR AR, so he bought a used Anderson Lower that was already built, and also bought a .22lr conversion kit. He used that for a while, then decided he wanted a real 15-22 so he sold me the Smith upper and Anderson lower for $425 (probably 1000 rds through it at that time) It came with only a Magpul flip up rear site, and factory front site. It had a pinned really cheesy Mass compliant stock on it, completely non-adjustable with a carbine buffer tube.

016.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

I like the old school look, so I visited North Carolina on Business, and stopped in the Palmetto State Armory and bought an A-2 Stock kit for my rifle. I also got a Handle style site for it, and this is what it looks like now.

023.jpg

045.jpg

I have to say, I love it now! Since we have to have a fixed stock in Mass anyway, why not make it look like an M16 as much as I can I thought about getting a triangle hand guard, but I really like the way it looks right now.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: