View Single Post

Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 PM

Liked 25,616 Times in 8,661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troystat View Post
Nice write up, I would say a good reloading outfit can be had for less than 1500 dollars unless you really need a progressive press. At my range they don't like you picking up brass that is not your own but I often get extra 45 acp brass when I am there, these days 38 special and 357 are very rare to find lying around though. Plenty of 40 and 9mm though.
I belong to three Ranges and none care what you take. Some days I simply can not believe what is in the Brass Buckets! Last month I found 500 pieces .223 NICKEL once fired in their original boxes! - too bad I don't have an AR.

One of my Clubs allow the Police and the Fed's to use our pistol Range for their competitions and they never have any problems finding enough of us to help sweep up all the empties.

Now days (at least for the most part) I don't look too hard anymore. I've got enough Brass to last me two lifetimes. If there are once fired complete boxes of calibers I shoot I'll grab a few boxes, but now I'll alert my shooting buddy's to help themselves.

I've gotten 3 guys into reloading over the last few years and so far NONE have bought one single case (with the exception of one guy who shoots .38 Super which IS hard to find). Even they are now saying they have plenty. We also help each other out, I shoot a LOT of Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays and have no interest in reloading Shot Shells - I give them away. I can buy them so cheap I don't bother. On the other hand there are guys who shoot .45 acp, .357 Mag and 38 Spl. who offer them to me.

Last edited by chief38; 07-01-2017 at 09:03 PM.