View Single Post

Old 07-04-2017, 09:54 AM

Liked 597 Times in 332 Posts

Lots of good content in the posts here.
I'll add that you can get started for much less than the $1500 chief38 mentioned if you don't shoot high quantities. I have two single stage Lee presses, one dedicated to de-capping and one for all other steps. About $115 combined, carbide dies can be $35 and up based on what brand, mine are $35-60 sets. The inexpensive powder drop I have $30 really works fine with powders that meter well. Amazon for a ultrasonic cleaner takes care of deprimed brass cleaning $80 isn. I did splurge a bit on a medical digital scale, used on Ebay for $115 and well worth it. Hand primer $35.

Anyhow, for about $500 I believe you can be in business before powders, primers bullets etc. Once you get a bit of a rhythm and process down you will be pleased on how many bullets you can produce from a single stage press set up and it is a good learning curve to have control over each and every step of the process.

As mentioned it is rewarding, therapeutic and allows you to either save money or shoot more Work smart, don't allow yourself to be distracted and things will go just fine and once you make your first bullet you will have a big smile to go with it
Karl