View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 05:03 AM

Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

I've fired through my 15-22 (2012 quad rail version)thousands + rounds with various ammo brands. The factory pins never moved or looked like doing so...never had a problem with the factory extractor either, never had a FTE and all FTF were ammo related.

I like modding and adding things to my 'adult lego' so i got a new FCG and added a set of 15-22 specific anti walk pins, just because they perform a function of minimising wear and tear and of course minimise the chance for any pin walking related safety issues. I had full confidence in my 15-22 before but now the concern of pin walking is not even an issue.

I'm sure if S&W thought that the pin walking issue and subsequent OOB or full auto's were an endemic happening on all 15-22's then the chance of multiple lawsuits, even the possibility of having a serious injury or death, then they would recall and 'fix' the issue. Seeing that they did not even issue a response to any of these 'problems' tells me what i need to know.

Many a time i have walked into some child caused disasters in the playroom, my two little cherubs sitting amidst the carnage, smoothing down their angel feathers, looking all innocent, when asked what happened...'i didn't do anything to it' is a very common response. Many of these issues appear to have happened with rifles that more than likely have been 'modified' by the owner and therefore go beyond the remit of S&W's responsibilities. Yes, there appears to be teething issues with the later gen 2 models...but never forget that bad news travels through air molecules much faster than good.

I can honestly say that if my 15-22 were to go full auto on me, i would have to load another mag
The Following 4 Users Like Post: