View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 08:39 AM

Liked 1,247 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksarben View Post
This issue with the Smith & Wesson 15-22 is not an isolated case. The article from The Firearms Blog indicates that there have been multiple incidents of issues. Enough so that they are banned from the Appleseed events. Ref: BREAKING: S&W M&P 15/22 Rifles BANNED at Appleseed Events Due to Run Away and Out of Battery Firing - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

I think it is rare, but something that S&W really needs to address. Someone has already been injured and required medical care.
We have been through this before in another thread and my opinion of the affair was that Appleseed threw S&W 'under the bus' for their bad practice and solely because someone was injured....OOB can and will happen with any firearm, we all know of someone with a story about nearly losing an eye, as for the full auto issue stated by Appleseed, well, I only wish I knew what the 'instructor' did or if he'd post a youtube vid, showing us how he caused it to go full auto.

If a company as large as S&W thought or knew that there was a problem with their rifles from production and did nothing then their lack of action could land them in some pretty serious trouble, should anyone actually have a serious injury or death. After all, the Appleseed decree is a pretty damning indictment, they are either ignoring it at their peril or see no base in the accusation that the 15-22 is an unsafe firearm.
The complete lack of acknowledgement or response from S&W makes me think it is the latter.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: