View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 06:56 PM

Liked 128 Times in 58 Posts

I forgot to mention, I use a Dillon 550B for Metalic cartridges and it works very well. I do have to adjust powder throw, I have 3 powder measures, 1 for pistol, one for std rifle and one for magnum rifle, but within each I need to adjust the throw as I change powders and calibers. I have a different tool head for each caliber I load, so once the dies are adjusted, they stay that way unless I go to a different bullet, in which case I need to adjust the seating die and sometimes the crimp die. That however is rare in pistol, but in my hunting loads I often use multiple bullets and thus adjusting is necessary. I also have a separate powder die with an attached funnel for times when I'm just doing a few of a certain load and don't want to adjust the automatic powder die/meter. In those rare cases I drop the powder, weigh the charge and top it off using a powder trickler to get exactly what I want.
Another question, Most load recipes call for CCI 500 primers, does anyone use Win Small Pistol for 9mm Luger? I have no CCI 500 but have thousands of Win. Small Pistol. I bought them years ago, shortly after they became available following a widespread primer shortage, I think it may have been during the 90's maybe.