View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
That's fine but how many times did you wash the same ammo? Heat waves here last from late May to late September. Being outside during work you sweat like a hostage. I come home my holster is soaked, my gun is wet, the mag is wet....etc.. This is all summer. Not every day but several times a week definitely. Along with that I occasionally get caught in downpours. I don't change my ammo every month but once a year shooting 16 rounds doesn't exactly put me in the poor house

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Just saying I have never had a problem. And if it was possible to have one, I would think hot soapy water in a washing machine would do it. Probably does not is because the bullet is a piston in a cylinder. Powder, and air are under pressure, but dive deep enough in the ocean I am sure that pressure would not be so great. Fortunately I do not plan on diving to the Titanic with ammo.

Forgot to mention that some loaders use hydraulic pressure to remover berden primers. Seems that a tight fitting ram compressing water will blow out a a berden primer. Air compresses more than water, but it still keeps water out, unless it loses pressure. IMO that pressure has to be relieved before contaminants can get in. Some chemicals can corrode brass enough to allow the pressure out, like ammonia. I would imagine salt could over time, but never has been a problem for me, and I used to live in the Florida Keys before moving to NC. Still have ammo from the time in the keys.

Last edited by Walkingwolf; 07-06-2017 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: