View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 09:34 PM

Liked 4,377 Times in 1,654 Posts

Ah, the Tip Barrel Berettas. Cute little things, I have had at various times a .22 short 950 Jetfire (not a 950S), the 3032 Tomcat in .32acp, 21A Bobcats in .22lr and .25acp. They are Berettas, I think Beretta makes great guns, fun to play with. Just a few thoughts about carring them for SD. I am an old revolver guy, I don't like having to disengage a saftey. The Bobcats and Tomcats are DA/SA so you can ignore it I guess, the Jetfire was SA only, newer 950S models have a saftey so you can pretend its a 1911. The 950 is supposed to be drawn and cocked before being fired. Each of mine would fire and fire until a round eventually got stuck in a dirty barrel. No extractor, no ejector, can't tap and rack, you need a pencil and Hoppes. On the .22s they always fired a box (50) before a round stuck, sometimes two boxes (100), so I guess if you kept it perfectly clean it would be unlikley to jam up until after you Mozambiqued the 17th ninja attacking you. Like I said I am a revolver guy, but I do have a few of those newfanged auto-loading pistols, they will be worth something in a few years when the fad dies out and nobody is making them anymore.

Last edited by TomkinsSP; 07-06-2017 at 09:37 PM.