View Single Post

Old 07-07-2017, 05:47 PM

Liked 4,401 Times in 1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra45 View Post
You can carry ANY semi auto if you qualified with one. The card should state Semi Auto, Revolver or Both.

Agency's putting make and model are not complying with the LEOSA standard.

I teach it in NYS. It makes my blood boil when people make up their own rules, like NJ, who mandates you re-qualify 2x a year instead of once a year.
Hopefully, I'll never end up a test case dummy for LEOSA (though I do have PLI insurance via FEDS and incident coverage with FLEOA).

Apparently NJ has dragged its feet on hollow point ammo though it is authorized via LEOSA. (Retired LE in NJ cannot carry HP rounds unless carrying under color of LEOSA, however, last I've read.)

I'll be heading up that way (NY/NJ) later this summer so if I'm not around, hopefully a bunch of you guys can bust me out.

Oh, and getting back on topic...it seems that Baranowski's interpretation is that qualification with either a semi or revolver would qualify you to carry any handgun. Be nice if that were the case but I think I'll be leaving my 642 at home since it's not on my LEOSA card and not every state I'll travel through has reciprocity with my NC license.

Last edited by blues7; 07-07-2017 at 05:51 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: