View Single Post

Old 07-08-2017, 01:20 AM

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Default 3" 686 for carry

Hello, I am thinking that my next handgun purchase will be a 3" 686 plus. I just wanted to hear from some others that carry one.

My current carry gun is normally a Government or Commander 1911 which is carried IWB. I live in Texas and carry the stainless in the summer and the blued one in the winter. I know a steel revolver will be heavy, but I am not concerned about that, I carry 1911s as mentioned.

I have a 4" 686 currently and am thinking a 3" would be a little more handy for day to day carry. What are some grip and holster recommendations that you actually use? I would like to find a compact grip that would still let me get a full grip and not require me to tuck my pinky finger underneath.

Also, how does it carry compared to a 1911 as far as concealment? We have open carry here so I am not concerned about a little printing, however I would like to be discreet too. The only revolver that I carry so far is an LCR and that one goes on my hip on the way to work and mainly only gets worn when I make a stop on the way home.

I have some time to shop around for a holster and grips as I more than likely won't be getting this until the end of this year or early next year. Thanks in advance.