View Single Post

Old 07-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Liked 2,712 Times in 909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCash View Post
Been reloading since 1969 and used Lyman vibrator type brass cleaners for years. Finally tried a Frankford (Frankfort?) Arsenal tumbler, don't have model # in front of me but it is a big one.

Used the stainless steel pins, brass polish liquid, water, etc. as directed.

OK..............so it did well, but separating those pins from the brass is a pain in the axx. Yes, I shook, washed repeatedly, used the magnet............etc. Still too much trouble.
Plus, some of the pins were stuck IN .45 acp inside of the primers so tight I had to pull them out with a set of needle-nose pliers. (I tumbled without removing primers first).

Never again!!

How many of you use a similar machine and just use the brass polish and water.................or something else easier to pour out??

Thanks and y'all have a great weekend, Bo in NC
I use the same set up except I added a media separator and a 5 gallon bucket. This:
Frankford Arsenal Standard Media Separator - MPN: 121925
Pour the contents of the tumbler into this and shake well over a 5 gallon bucket. It will get 95-99% of the media separated from the brass. I always clean my brass well before i need to load it, so wet brass is not a problem for me; I lay it out an a couple of old towels and let it dry. I size and deprime my brass before tumbling.

Last edited by Just another 22 shooter; 07-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.