View Single Post

Old 07-08-2017, 10:34 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotiapilot View Post

Mil spec doesn't always mean the best. But in triggers, in this scenario it does means "better". It also means familiar with many of us who only know a mil spec trigger feel is better, more crisp and more familiar than the sport stock piece. I think its safe to say the stock sport trigger is an easy piece to replace that will allow the user to invest some labor, get to know his rifle and produce a better option for him.....and still not spend the huge dollars other manufacturers charge for similar product.
If we took 10 identical rifles and all had a stock "mil-spec" trigger but one, and it had the Sport trigger, you would not be able to pick the one out of the group by shooting and feel alone.

I would bet money that you would pick the wrong one! AR triggers are inconsistent and each one has a different feel. Many Sport owners are happy with the stock trigger compared to basic "mil-spec" triggers and feel that they are not as gritty feeling and break cleaner. Mine does not exhibit any rounding of the edges.

If you are happy with a slicked up, basic trigger, then great. It works for you because you are playing games with rules... But I don't think it is necessary for folks to change out the stock Sport trigger over to a "mil-spec" trigger... having several rifles with both, I just don't feel a big difference between them.
The Following User Likes This Post: