View Single Post

Old 07-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Liked 71 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
If we took 10 identical rifles and all had a stock "mil-spec" trigger but one, and it had the Sport trigger, you would not be able to pick the one out of the group by shooting and feel alone.

I would bet money that you would pick the wrong one! AR triggers are inconsistent and each one has a different feel. Many Sport owners are happy with the stock trigger compared to basic "mil-spec" triggers and feel that they are not as gritty feeling and break cleaner. Mine does not exhibit any rounding of the edges.

If you are happy with a slicked up, basic trigger, then great. It works for you because you are playing games with rules... But I don't think it is necessary for folks to change out the stock Sport trigger over to a "mil-spec" trigger... having several rifles with both, I just don't feel a big difference between them.
Your argument is called "reductio ad absurdum" Look it up.

I can say OH HUH and you can make a stupid comment and say HUH, but for me to be actually able to prove it is nonsense. Line up a bunch of rifles for me to test. Stupid way to argue and seriously WT EF do you care.

Given the vast differences of many triggers I am very doubtful I could tell one cruddy trigger from another. Now place my mil spec polished trigger amongst your stock sw and non polished triggers and I will pick mine out every day.

Last edited by Scotiapilot; 07-08-2017 at 07:45 PM.