View Single Post

Old 07-09-2017, 01:43 AM

Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasky View Post
Go shoot the 1911 and 686 without ear protection and your favorite carry loads and see which one you still want to carry
Lol I actually have shot a 686 I owned years back as well as 1911s without ear pro, I also put a couple of cylinders of .357 through my LCR with naked ears. We all do dumb things right? If I had to to risk rank my concerns of hearing loss during a SD situation I can say that would be at the bottom of the list.

To everyone else, thanks for your replies and especially for the photos! Pictures are worth a thousand words. I was looking at the Hogue bantams, however I am concerned the rubber grips my cause my shirt to stick and ride up a little. I am personally not too big of a fan of the stock grips that came on my 4" 686 and my Governor. Those finger grooves are just in the wrong place for my hands.

I have a couple of High Noon down under holsters that I use for my 1911s. I like the looks of the leather one with the clip. I have a kydex holster that I use occasionally if I know I'm going someplace where carry is a legal no no. It's easy to take on and off but not very comfortable.

I am wanting to have a good revolver as an option to remove some magazine and ammo concerns. Maybe since I am starting to push 40 I am realizing that sometimes it's better to keep things simple.