View Single Post

Old 07-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Default Shoot my Shield 9mm better than my G19

Since getting my Shield, in the range trips I have taken both my Shield and Glock G19 to the range together I find that I shoot my Shield actually BETTER than my G19. I like the Glock don't get me wrong, and my Gen 4 G19 has been 100% reliable, however like many people I just don't have the 'Glock' hand that is a perfect fit for the Glock grip, and like many other people on the 'interweb' I have a tendency to shoot my Glock to the left (common Glock complaint...I don't have this issue with my Shield, my 1911, my Kahr PM9, my Ruger SR22, my GSG 1911 22lr).
The width, length, and back strap and shape to the grip right under the slight beaver tail on the Shield fits my hand just right, while the Glock just doesn't fit 'as good', and the finger grooves on the G19 don't perfectly line up for me.
Even the perceived recoil from the Shield feels better to me because my hand just seems to fit better one it.
So questions:
1. How do the full size M&P 9mm's compare in grip (other than width) to the Shield?
2. I love the capacity of the G19....but I wouldn't be opposed to using my Shield as my 'nightstand' pistol as well...Should I be concerned about not having 15+1 at my disposal compared to 8+1?
3. Anyone else gone away from a Glock to the Shield (or M&P) like this because of the Glock grip?

Last edited by gostovp; 07-10-2017 at 12:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: