View Single Post

Old 07-10-2017, 06:57 PM

Liked 609 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenobite View Post
I just bought the 22 Victory and I am seriously enjoying this pistol for target shooting. I have run into the issue with the take down screw and I ended up having to apply serious torque to it so that it didn't work loose. I am currently testing it by running rounds though it but not taking it down to clean it. I am simply blowing it out with gun scrubber and using a bore snake on the barrel.

I came looking to see if a spec existed for it and the set screw for the bull barrel since after the first time it also worked loose. Though I think that was my fault since my initial cleaning of every weapon I get is a full D.C.O.A. Only other issue I had was FTL's but that also was not the weapon but the ammo I think since I now use jacketed rounds and they feed no issue. Seems the feed ramp tends to munch a pure lead round.
Anyway I will try the o-ring, split washer, loctite ideas... perhaps a little Teflon thread dope.
Interesting regarding the FTL. I'm using CCI lead RN and that it what is happening-bent lead.
When I purchased the gun, as my previous post, I was able to remove the screw and it had red locktite on it from the factory. Have not have it loosen up yet. Use a little dab of red Loctite and forget the washers, "O" rings etc.
Enjoy it