View Single Post

Old 07-10-2017, 07:43 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research Nerd View Post
Went to the range saturday with my buddy who brought several revolvers. I brought my Sig P250 that I'm still getting used to.

I realized that I'm much more accurate shooting revolvers than I am semi-autos. I would pick up a revolver I haven't fired before and get some really nice groups. My P250, I enjoy, but I have to get used to the trigger.

I'm just curious, but do y'all feel like you have better accuracy with revolvers or semi-autos. I was taking my time, making sure I was aiming properly. Just seemed like it was much easier to shoot a "new" revolver than a "new" semi-auto.

Curious to see what the group thinks,

Thanks for your time,:confused
Well, I went to the range today with my first revolver, a S&W 643 (snub). I have a SIG P-250, just as you do. With the SIG, I can put round after round on a target with little effort. With the S&W, though.... not so good. I think I'll have to practice A LOT with the Smith to get used to it. I like it --convenient to carry, light, etc.-- but today at the range, it was frankly embarrassing. I'm a practiced shooter and pretty good normally, but this morning I couldn't hit the paper! Lot's of recoil from this light firearm and I haven't figured out where to hold exactly.