View Single Post

Old 07-11-2017, 09:18 AM

Liked 548 Times in 311 Posts

KS requires any orphan retirees (Out of state, Feds) to qualify at the state LE training facility located more or less in the central part of the state. MO, from what I've been told, allows the retiree to qualify with a state certified instructor. KS mandates one qualification course for every state/local LEO and LEOSA. Don't know about MO's. KS is pretty specific and holds the retiree to two handguns. My employer's legal eagles recently published a LEOSA guide, and suggested that anyone carrying under LEOSA also obtain a state permit to cover potential gaps, i.e. state parks, etc. As I will join the retirement rolls sometime soon, I've been giving thought to what I'm going to carry. As I live in a Constitutional Carry state, I will obtain a permit along with LEOSA quals. I will likely officially qualify with a couple of pistols (43 or Shield) that don't cause problems in those states that starve magazine capacity. If I fall into another LE job, it may be a moot point. I certainly agree that LEOSA needs to be amended a third time and to pretty much remove the rest of the common sense-lacking restrictions that plague it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Like Post: