Thread: How Far?
View Single Post

Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Banned

Liked 4,548 Times in 2,010 Posts
Default NOT SO, to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearman49709 View Post
Good way to end up in club fed.
Any gun bought out of state must go threw a FFL.
Handguns must go threw a FFL in your state.
There's a good reason they call it the Gunshine state. A private sale REQUIRES nothing more than looking at the buyers drivers license to "ensure" they are a FL resident. NO background checks/bill of sale/records of any kind. Some old timers are adamant about NO PAPERWORK & it's a deal breaker for them. I like a bill of sale with buyer/sellers info, BUT will do a transaction without it (still staying 100% within the law) if I have to. RE: the drive, that's a long drive to get burned if he sells to someone else before you get there, or the condition does not pass muster. Are you able to drive 6 hours? My last private FTF buy was app 2-3 years ago, I forked over the $, he forked over the gun, NO PAPERWORK but he was a retired LEO from a precinct I knew & we knew the same people from there, as well as belonging to the same club & shooting steel challenge in the same group for a while. I hope nothing has changed. After as much due diligence & pics AS ABLE, you don't want to jinx the deal, I'd probly take the drive & take my chances for a gun I really wanted. Most worked out favorably, some didn't. "I never met a winner that didn't bet". Good luck.

Last edited by nachogrande; 07-11-2017 at 10:28 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: