View Single Post

Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 PM

Liked 61 Times in 24 Posts
Default Apparent design flaw on SW22 Victory

I picked up my new SW22 Victory at Gander Mountain last week, stripped it down, cleaned, oiled, and reassembled it with no issues. The take-down screw was snug but a longer (3") Allen key showed it who was the boss.
While scanning after-market accessories for the SW22 Victory pistol on eBay (looking primarily for a nicely-figured pair of wood grips), I noticed dealers offering: 1) #61 O-rings, and 2) replacement take-down screws (at the remarkably low price of 2 for $10 but free shipping).
Apparently this has been an issue for some time.
If one removes the top strap over the slide on a Browning Buckmark, under each of the two hold-down screws will be found a 'cup-shaped' lock washer (apparently to fit into the screw pocket), and I have never found either of those screws to loosen on their own on the three Buckmarks in my possession.
The Vibra-Tite VC-3 product sounds like an interesting product to use in combination with a #61 O-ring in my Victory pistol. Instead of a local hardware store, try a plumbers' supply for the O-rings. They're usually much less expensive there.
Echo47