View Single Post

Old 07-12-2017, 09:34 PM

Liked 336 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
I always practice at the longest range I can shoot.

When I would qualify agents in Indian Country I would put clay pigeons on the 100 yard berm if there was one, and keep everyone there until they were all busted by pistol fire.

Now that I am a semi-retired gentlemen of leisure I mostly shoot at the local indoor range. Today there was a guy shooting a full sized pistol at six feet. 2 whole yards. He shot a basketball sized group and pronounced it good enough.
At the range I belong to we have a local business man that will shoot at about the same distance of 2 to 3 yards. He will shoot 5 15rnd mags load them back up and do it again. All again into a basket ball sized group. He seems to to be quite happy with the results.

I like to shoot at the broken pieces of clay pigeons on the 25 and 50 yard berms with my 4" 22lr pistol. I had a guy ask me what I was shooting at. He had his target set up at 15 yards shooting a 22 bolt rifle. He didn't understand why I would shoot a pistol at something that far away. Well duh... it's a challenge and the fun factor is wild.