View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 08:49 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus35745 View Post
Years ago there was a person in the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn that had a great collection of these on display. He may still belong to the OGCA. Nice gun, looks great with the Roper grips. I also like the .22 single shot pistols. Shooting a Hammerli 100 free pistol regularly and having fun. Larry
That was likely Bill McCarter. I once wrote to the Ohio Gun Collectors back in 2010 which Bill responded.

His father started the collection and Bill kept right on going. Through S&WCA club friend, Joe Cebull, he put me in touch with Bill, again, just recently.

Bill likely has the finest USRA collection. Either he and / or his father authored articles on the USRA and on Walter Roper.

Bill made me an offer just the Ropers from this one. While his offer for the Roper stocks was very generous, I cannot reason with removing them from the USRA they were likely supplied with when purchased.

All my collector friends tell me that I had not been to a "show" unless I have attended a Ohio Gun Collector show. I hope to get to one of their shows in the near future.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: