View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 09:48 AM

Liked 19,896 Times in 8,796 Posts

This thread is taking a nasty turn......my only point was that for most/many/ some shooters 75ft/25yds is not considered "long range shooting" with a handgun.

As I said I use to qualify out to 50........then LOL they dropped it to 25....
when I was growing up, I don't recall shooting any gun at less than 50ft/17yds.............. until I got into USPSA and IDPA.

I've hunted deer with a 6", .357 magnum 686.... I limited myself to 50 yds with that round...... took 2 deer in 3 years..... at 40-50 yds......

When I'm at the club I see lots of folks shooting at less than 10 yds.......even with rifles........ there are all different skill levels. Doesn't make any of them right or wrong......they just are what they are!

Would I like to take that shot in the video after sprinting 50-100yds ? NO! ........ but if someone was going to shoot a family member or my partner with a rifle...... would I try....ya given a "safe" background........ two handed and braced if possible. Would I prefer a rifle for shots over 25 yds Ya!........

IMHO the original news story makes it out that this was a "miracle" shot.... to me it demonstrated how little the press knows about guns and shooting. ranking up there with calling suppressors........... silencers.

Me I'm just glad both officers walked away.....................
The Following 3 Users Like Post: