View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 09:49 AM

Liked 749 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeintexas View Post
I sent in a 1911 large lettering billboard model, one of the first 300 made because of a recall on the slide. I called S&W and told them it was shooting just fine but they said send it in anyway and they would take a look at it. What I received back was my 1911 with a completely different slide. I called them immediately and was told they don't repair the slides they just toss them and put a new one on. Needless to say since I bought the large billboard model for that specific reason I was not too happy. Live and learn I suppose. Didn't keep me from buying more Smiths though.
Somewhere in the fine print is a disclaimer stating that they are not responsible if upgrades to the gun may alter cosmetic features, & you don't get back the same as you had. EG. You buy a new gun, & it has the small billboard. A week later they change the design to the big billboard, which is what you really wanted. You can not return the gun, even if unfired for the newer design which is what you really wanted. Similarly, you returned your gun with the big billboard, & they sent you the latest, & greatest IMPROVED small billboard gun. You don't like the look, but that is now what they currently make. That's just business. As long as the new slide works properly, & is cosmetically fine, that's all that matters. GARY