View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 12:36 PM

Liked 17,296 Times in 6,647 Posts

In April of 2012, thanks to this forum, I discovered that my 1993 vintage 442 Satin Nickle finish gun had a cracked frame. Since I was going to the factory for a tour, I brought it out with me and dropped it off.

Five days later I got a call from CS that the frame was not repairable (not a surprise), that the damage was covered under warranty, and that I would be getting a new gun from them. Since they no longer made the non "J Magnum" frames and no longer made a Satin Nickel finish, I was given the choice of a 442 or 642. I chose the 642 and since my original gun was a no lock, I asked if I could get a no lock version. The CS guy said sure, but it would be up to 3 weeks before they could ship to the FFL since they didn't have any in stock and I'd have to wait until they were making a batch up.

It actually took about two weeks, but I did get the gun.

I've found CS very good to deal with over the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJ View Post
Thanks for the replies,,, Smith also said they had no guns in stock and would have to make one. Can't imagine them making one gun just for me rather than waiting to start another run. I can always hope.