View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 03:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 546 Times in 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
Oh well? That's how it works at a gun show, or LGS. We make JACK on new guns. We make 3 times more on used guns. Those tables at the show cost between $80-$110 each. That's how it works. Should he sell the gun for the same amount he gave you? I think not. Try working on my side of the table at a gun show. You will learn a lot. GARY
I would take slight umbrage at your attitude...but I didn't get specific about the deal, so there's no way you could know.

To begin with...I've spent plenty of time on "your" side of the table. You are not the only person to sell guns, in a shop, or at a show. Yes, I'm keenly aware of the profit margin of new versus used guns.

Secondly, I have no issue with people, dealers or otherwise, reselling items at a profit. However...the gentleman to whom I sold the gun in question was just walking around the show, he did not tell me he was a dealer. He haggled me down on price, with a sad story which I will not relate at this time, and I sold it to him. As it turned out, he was a lying piece of garbage, as are an unfortunate number of dealers, I have noted. I do not generally care to sell to dealers, because I realize they need to make a profit, and I'd prefer to sell it for what it's worth. Instead, he lied about his situation, lied to get a lower price, and *then* put it on his table. And no...that does not sit well with me.

And none of this has anything to do with the original topic. I just felt compelled to address the tone of your reply.

Tim
The Following 2 Users Like Post: