View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 04:49 PM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I have been duplicating the FBI load using some Hornady LSWCHP's with some Unique 5.1 grain and Titegroup loads. I shot up my supplies of Hornady and I have some 158 SWC from Hunter's Supply with Titegroup 3.8 grains standard pressure loads. I also loaded some Nosler 158 JHP with 3.9 Titegroup. Winchester 125 JHP with 4.5 gr Titegroup. The loads all were accurate at a range of 10 yards. The 642-2 is not all steel and the grips I had on were Factory J frame wood grips that are checkered. The Airlight was pretty snarky in recoil and I will drop down and work up to a load that shoots to the point of aim. I have spoken to Mr Craig Spegel about ordering some of his bootgrips and I have read great things about the shootability of his grips. I have alot of +p loads that I worked up for my 64-5 Smith but I think I will stick to regular pressure loads for awhile with this Airlight. Makes me wonder how the all steel versions shoot? Have to look for an original M49 or the 649, and 640 versions to compliment the 38's I have. Safe shooting.