View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 45,746 Times in 4,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestert357 View Post
Richard,

Amazing! Even your refinished and cutdown guns are spectacular!
Terry:

Neither of the two are anywhere near perfect. The refinish on the long one is very well done and it is a great gun that has had a lot of shooter friendly extras added (King sights, cockeyed hammer, action job, trigger stop...) all before I got it, with the exception of the front blade where a solid black blade was replaced with a gold/brass bead one...

The 5" gun is not nearly as nice in person - that photo was taken on a good day when the light hit it just right. Mind you, the gun is not bad, but that "glamour" photo shows it a bit nicer than it is. The other thing about it is that is has a "ring" in the barrel (about 1" from the frame) that you can only see when looking down the barrel. That happened long before I took ownership and was reflected in the price I paid. Nelson Ford, a local, but nationally respected S&W revolversmith/magician inspected the gun when I got it and said that because of where the "ring" was and the fact that it is really small, that it should not impact accuracy. He was right - the gun is very accurate, and because it is not perfect and has some issues, it is my most used RM...

Last edited by RKmesa; 07-13-2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: grammar correction...
The Following 5 Users Like Post: