View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 PM

Liked 9,981 Times in 2,955 Posts

Probably one of the best talents in CW music, Marty Stuart IMHO. We went to a concert near Pittsburgh and got to talking to a security guy. He asked us if we'd like to meet Marty. Of course we said yes, so he showed us through the kitchen to where they were having a meet and greet. He seemed to be a heck of a nice fellow.
Franco Harris. When I was a lad, a buddy and I went to a local dept. store was having a promo of some type with some of the Steelers. Franco was giving autographs and when I got my turn I had nothing for him to sign except for a folded up piece of paper which I handed to him. He unfolded it and it was a "spot sheet" which would give the weeks games and the "spot". You could pick 4, 6, or 10 games on up and if you picked correct would win a certain return on your "bet". Of course this was for entertainment purposed only. Franco opened it and looked at me and trying to look angry asked if I was trying to get Him in trouble, trying to get him sign a "gambling" slip. What did I know, I was just a kid. I hemmed and hawed while the other players looked on laughing at my discomfort. Then he looked at my picks, and the Steelers game in particular. Which he mistakenly thought I picked the Steelers to lose. Then the others started on me. "Man what do you mean Pittsburgh minus 3? We've got this!" I was sweating like a ***** in church! In the end we all laughed and I got my autograph. Wish I still had it.
Also Jack Lambert at another autograph session.
The Following User Likes This Post: