Thread: 624 -- 6 inch
View Single Post

Old 07-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockquarry View Post
BoCash: I've also had 29s since about 1973. They were real hard to get then, maybe because of Dirty Harry. The last few years, I'd take a 29 out maybe annually and fire about ten rounds with full-house 250-grain cast loads stoked with #2400. After experiencing the blast and brutal recoil, I would wonder why I did that. Finally wised up and stopped loading .44 Magnum. .44 Special cast loads are plenty for my needs...
It's called aging and getting older and wiser. Think about it years ago we shot stout magnum loads at the range at paper targets why? Now I reload the lesser powerful rounds that are easier to shoot, at the end of the shoot I shoot six normal magnum loads just to remind me what a magnumbload feel like.

Now my 338 Winchester magnum rifle is another story. When I shoot it I ask myself why did I buy this thing. I stop on the way home to pick up my shoulder on the side of the road. It's a beast.
She was my new bear rifle replacing my 30-06. I'm no good at running, speed, climbing trees, plus I'm not in a tree stand. I figured I could never have too much gun.
The Following User Likes This Post: