View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 12:52 PM

Liked 9,184 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
I absolutely agree that mindset can be vital, but will is somewhat irrelevant in this scenario if the body is simply incapable.
I agree that you have to have at least some minimum degree of skill and physical ability. However, especially in the case of the "Aloha Snackbar!" crowd, their default assumption is that you'll go like a sheep to the slaughter. If you DON'T that puts them WAY off their game.

I see all too many people who say:
  1. "The police will protect me." - Not just a lie, but an insanely stupid lie. Yet people in Europe and places like NYC swallow the lie. If there's not a cop two feet from them when things go south, they're AT BEST going to turn their back and TRY to run away.
  2. "I could never take a life." - Well, you've decided to "take" your OWN and give it to an assailant. When you ask them about their accompanying children, they sometimes say, they'd "die for their children", but "not kill for them". That's helpful. They're willing to be the main course so that their kids can be dessert...
The bottom line is that you've got to want to live more than your assailant wants you to die. Absent that, Gabby Gabreski and Doc Holliday would have been sitting ducks.