View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

Liked 32,463 Times in 7,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik View Post
It was a 45!
Prove it. And like you can tell the pistol is a .45 by looking at the back of it? Of course you can. Wish I could do that. Shoot, I can't even tell a .45 from a 9mm 1911 just by looking at it from the rear.

Quote:
It was a 45! I have no direct proof of it but on another form a NC patrolman said that agency uses Glock21sf with 230gr Ranger T ammo. Standard issue is 40s&w Ranger T. Swat use 45ACP Ranger T. This guy was a member of Swat
You have no direct proof of it, but you'll go ahead and say it just to be talking, won't you? And which "agency"? In which city? Keep in mind, this happened in Charlotte, North Carolina?

SWAT? We aren't talking about SWAT here and SWAT had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting being discussed here. It was strictly the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department. Let me mention here, also, that I live in Charlotte, and was actually only less than three blocks away from the scene when this shooting took place.

Quote:
That's a Glock
Again...prove it.

And let me say this before you try coming up with some bogus proof or another.

I don't know what you think you see in that video, but it isn't a Glock of any caliber.

But I wanted to make sure of my facts, just in case I was mistaken.

I spoke with two Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department officers. Did I mention I live in Charlotte? Where this shooting took place? I'm confident they know what brand and caliber pistol they carry while on duty. I also saw their pistols with my own two eyes...or four eyes, whichever way you want to look at it. They weren't Glocks. I do know a Glock when I see one.

Then I spoke with a dealer here who supplies a lot of equipment to the CMPD, and asked him directly, "What sidearm is issued to CMPD officers?"

Wanna guess what they said? I'll tell you.

The sidearm issued to the CMPD is the Smith & Wesson M&P40, just like I said in a previous post.

Pay close attention to this paragraph:

Furthermore, CMPD officers do not have the option of providing a different gun for themselves to use while on duty. Nor can they modify their duty pistol without approval.

Now, whether some CMPD officers might modify their pistols, I can't say. But they aren't going to buck the CMPD bureaucracy and risk losing their job by shooting someone with an unauthorized pistol.

Keep in mind (again), this happened in Charlotte, North Carolina. Not some other city that your anonymous "NC Patrolman" might be from or work in.

Matter of fact, though, Asheville police do carry the Sig P220 in .45acp. Other county sheriff's departments and police departments carry .45s. But not here in Charlotte. Not on duty, and these officers were on duty.

Not that it really matters what the guy was killed with. He's dead, period. It's still a disputed shooting under an ongoing investigation.

Now, if you want to keep nitpicking over what brand/caliber was used to kill the guy, be my guest. Do it without me. And maybe stick to the facts? Or as another member says, carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
100% a Glock..... but carry on
You better look again. Tell us which model Glock comes with a rear sight like that. I have four Glocks. None of them have a sight like that. Even the G41 Gen 4's rear sight doesn't look like that.

Carry on, yourself. I'm tired of talking about it.