View Single Post

Old 07-14-2017, 06:12 PM

Liked 177 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
Here in NH the rules put out by LE Standards and Training are very specific. Regardless of what you want to carry you HAVE to qualify with the gun of choice and the serial number is on your paperwork. There is no "one revolver and one semi" covers everything...

The only time I carry on my LE credentials is when I am in a state that is not covered by my NH or Ct. CC licenses. Maine, Vt. and NH are now all Constitutional Carry states so I can carry anything I want. But in Mass. RI, NY and NJ I only carry my "official" firearms with a max of 10 round mags and non-HP ammo just so there are no questions.

What I feel sorry for are officers from departments who refuse to issue a retirement ID. Mine was like that until one of the retirees threatened a lawsuit and all of a sudden the policy was changed....

Bob

Ugh, this is what I have to look forward to?? I tend to carry one of 4 guns, depending on weather and what I'm wearing. By comparison MA (which officially violates LEOSA on who can qualify, requires active LTC, etc.) does not log the gun you use on the cert (the "card" is 8.5x11") so you only have to go thru once. Finally convinced my Wife to start looking for what towns we might want to move to in NH too!