View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 02:55 AM

Liked 3,443 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post
Well, besides the list of things mentioned in the video, if you read enough reviews, you come away thinking the gun gives both a truly unparalleled shooting experience, as well as unparalleled industrial design and manufacturing. That is highly significant. Reviewers also tend to also strongly defend the seemingly astronomical price just like the guy in this video.

I've only dry fired a Korth Mongoose and like all the reviewers reflect, it is an unbelievable experience, nothing else like it I'm aware of. I'll have the opportunity to shoot one in August.

I'll do an amateur review in August if not a little sooner.

Arguably Wilson Combat has demonstrated how judicious and selective use of high end CNC machining can take a firearm past hand-building and take the weapon to tolerances unobtainable by a craftsman. "Minimal hand fitting" is misleading. Relative to 1957 yes, but the best modern production processes know certain thing are done better by machine. Just like with WC, Korth continues to do other things in production by hand, such as fitment of the second cylinder if that is optioned. Reportedly Korth uses one gunsmith for each weapon.
I know what CNC machining can deliver and was in both Korth factories, I am disputing the value of the finished product that is made on machinery with less cost than hand fitting. Korth is owned by a company that produces high-end precision parts for the automotive industry.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of glitches. The Hogues are the only grips that will fit on the new revolvers, since the main spring is not allowing a regular screw for S&W grips to go through. Nill has in the meantime come up with wooden grips, at their usual price.

Having handled and shot both, I like the old revolvers much better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Korth new model grip2.jpg (173.7 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpeg Korth revolvers.jpeg (71.3 KB, 348 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: